Monday, May 27, 2013

Finished Product!

Wow.  Well readers, it took months to finish the needlepoint pillow.  And I got so discouraged along the way that I didn't post about it till now.  Apologies....

But, here's the final product:


The flat area is basket(weave) stitch, after which this blog is named.  The rougher areas are the Smyrna cross stitch (its a cross with an X over it - super simple).  Those represent trees instead of the marsh grasses surrounding.


The pattern is taken from an aerial picture of an estuary on the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica, just north of the Osa Peninsula.  Can't be exactly sure which river it is, but makes for a wonderful souvenir of our trip.   And since its not too long till the one-year anniversary of that trip, I'm glad to be able to look at the finished pillow every day!

Sure learned a lot with this project!  I have to admit, though, that I'm a little burned out on embroidery.  So, I'm going to move on to some other projects and won't blog for a while.  Perhaps I'll be back after I get tired of knitting and quilting!

Best,

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment